Wednesday, August 12, 2009

STORMQUEEN - COME SILENT THE WORLD SINGLE 1982 + BATTLE OF BRITAIN DEMO 1980 (UK)

More great NWOBHM here for you, This is not that rare anymore, but still a great band is a great band and I don't think these guys have quite reached the saturation point yet. Formed in 79 and split around 84, this Barry, Wales band have been NWOBHM legends for as long as most anyone and I heard and read about this stuff long before I heard it. First is the "Come silent the world" single which is a solid piece of wax. The first track "Come silent the world" is classic and has some whoa whoa singing shit at the beginning that gets painfully stuck in my head sometimes. A great rocker for sure but they still have better material. Next is "Raising the roof" showing off the bands "bar band rocker" potential, this one is alot faster then the a-side and I'm sure it was stellar live. Next is the "Battle of Britain" demo which really smokes, don't get me wrong I like their single alot but this demo is tough to beat. The first is the title track and it slaughters, reminds me of the early HOLOCAUST stuff, but a little more metal, less punk. Next is my favorite, "Captives of the Moon", this just fucking jams. Let it be said I love songs about werewolves and this is one of the best. This song is as heavy as the fucking earth, one of my all time favorite metal jams. The quality is top notch here and these dudes should have went alot farther. But they only put out one single WTF?? Next is "Lady night" yet another solid track that's heavy, catchy and damn well played. Last is a demo version of the rocker "Raising the roof" from the single. This is a great version and kills the single version, its faster and has way more energy. This demo really has that certain feeling you really crave from great NWOBHM material. This delivers ten fold, check it out.












COME SILENT THE WORLD SINGLE
1.Come silent the world
2.Raising the roof
BATTLE OF BRITAIN DEMO
1.Battle of Britain
2.Captives of the Moon
3.Lady night
4.Raising the roof
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dzy1tywgdjn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit