Tuesday, January 26, 2010

OSCAR BRAND AND HIS YOUNG FRIENDS - TRICK OR TREAT 1979

Alright here's some great Halloween shit for you today, had this album for quite a while before I got around to listening to it, man what was I waiting for, this is fantastic. Very folksy sing along songs that explore Halloween and various other weird themes performed in a storyteller style, with the kids even get in on the fun sometimes, which I love. Kind reminiscent of the Kay Lande and Wade Denning Album I put up a while back, but not quite that brilliant. If I had this one when I was kid, I'm sure I would have worn it out, just killer stuff. Of course I really like this cover also, all the cool library stickers make it even cooler. Would love to own this one someday. I know at least a few of you are really going to like this, you know who you are. Also I cant go without mentioning that this guy has written like hundreds of weird songs, spanning almost any and every topic, fucking crazy, you know this dude has got to be strange. Check out his Wiki link..Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/?yogqomqqzio

Learn more about Oscar Brand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Brand

4 comments:

  1. I've got one of his "Bawdy Songs & Backroom Ballads" records, it's pretty funny stuff. Gotta put that one up when I start posting music again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! I was directed to your blog by a search for David McCallum's Lovecraft readings, and while I was scrolling through the other posts, I saw this one...

    My mom borrowed this record from the library when I was a child. We made a copy of it and I wore out the tape. I've been looking for it for ages, but had no idea what it was called, or who it was by, but I recognized the artwork. It's just as good as I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for this for YEARS! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also used to check this out from the library as a kid, and have been looking for it for yeeeears. I was so excited to see this blog post -- and so sad to find that the mediafire link had expired. Any chance you could update?

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit