Saturday, October 3, 2009

SCIENTIST - SCIENTIST RIDS THE WORLD OF THE EVIL CURSE OF THE VAMPIRES 1981

Here's a weird one for sure, a true oddity in the annals of monster music history. I only found out about this one about a year or so ago, but it's truly an original album. This Dub Reggae record was produced and arranged by Henry "Junjo" Lawes, the rhythms were recorded at Channel One backed by the Roots Radics, and mixed by Scientist at King Tubby's studio. Some of you might be aware of this album due to the fact that several tracks from the album, "Dance of the Vampires", "The Mummy's Shroud", "The Corpse Rises", "Your Teeth In My Neck" and "Plague of Zombies" were featured in the soundtrack to the video game Grand Theft Auto III. Scientist received no royalties for this and sued unsuccessfully. The court ruled that a recording mixer was not considered the author of a musical work, so Rockstar were correct to treat the producer Henry "Junjo" Lawes as the copyright holder. Crazy right and totally wrong, I mean his damn name is on the fucking cover! These beats are vicious and mean and man what an awesome cover. I was really amazed by this record when I first heard it, but I don't really listen to reggae. Great for a Halloween drive by!
1. Voodoo Curse
2. Dance of the Vampires
3. Blood on His Lips
4. Cry of the Werewolf
5. Mummy's Shroud
6. Corpse Rises
7. Night of the Living Dead
8. Your Teeth in My Neck
9. Plague of Zombies
10. Ghost of Frankenstein

2 comments:

  1. YES! I've wanted you to do this one for awhile. I can't tell you how many times I listened to this a la GTA! Awesome, thanks....made my day!
    -Noel

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit