Wednesday, October 14, 2009

GROUND ATTACK - RED LION / EVERY MOTHER'S SON 1981 (UK

Great piece of NWOBHM wax. Formed in 79, Ground Attacks sound is very upbeat, energetic and almost punk at times. I love the vocals and the guitars. These are two very catchy songs. They get you singing along in no time. Damn near perfect NWOBHM. The First track "Red Lion" is the best here, which from the picture included with this single, must have been the local pub. The B-side "Every mothers son" isn't far behind in total quality. There is a certain biker vibe here also, I cant put my finger on it but, I could see these guys tossing back several pints while listening to Ac/Dc, before a long bike ride, ha ha. This is their one and only vinyl offering, however they did reform at some point after changing their name to Heavy Duty, Anyway this is a fantastic single so get it already. Also I included their classic demo, so get it too!
RED LION SINGLE
1.Red Lion
2.Every Mother's Son
LOST TAPES
1.Watch me
2.Motorbike Song
3.Mighty Fine Year
4.Flying Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit