Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Johnny "Guitar" Watson-What the Hell Is This? 1979

Just got into this one recently, but I had seen the cover before and had no idea the awesome funk that lay inside. Then I got around to giving this little masterpiece a spin!! I knew on the spot I had to have all this dudes albums. On top of that I liked all of them, but this one might be the best. The title track is completely amazing and has one of the wickedest funk bass lines ever laid to vinyl. However "Proud of You" is probably my favorite. An unlikely ballad but the lyrics are just hilarious,. A very funky album that's still totally fresh today!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?wlfe5e1dj1099go#1

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's some fine funk, Outlaw. Got some snap on those solos, too.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit